Next: Saturday 2 September 2017
Also on: Tuesday 12 December 2017
Heat & Energy Course
The National Self Build & Renovation Centre's Heat & Energy course has been designed specifically for Self Builders and Renovators and explores the latest options in Heat & Energy sources – both Renewable & Conventional systems.
This jargon-busting one day session is packed full of useful tips and advice. Starting with the basics, before delving into the detail of each option, this course will allow you to make key decisions during your project and allow you to engage with the key trades from an informed and confi dent position. You will discuss the most common processes for ordering new heating systems and what might be the typical costs.
Understand how you can best achieve your outcomes; be it to reduce your energy bills, future proof your building, reduce your carbon footprint or simply create a comfortable environment for your family.
Heat & Energy Basics
- The pros & cons of various solutions & designs
- What standards are you expected to meet (Building Regulations)
- What is possible (Passiv Haus)
- Gas or no Gas?
- Comparative fuel costs and Government incentives
- What is safe for you to do and what’s best left to the experts
Fabric First - How to calculate a systems ‘payback’ period
- Heat Loss and Air Tightness
- Cold Spaces < Heat Loss
- Solar Gain Modelling
- Boilers & Radiators
- Ground & Air Source Heat Pumps
- Underfl oor Heating
- Mechanical Ventilation & Heat Recovery
- Combined Heat & Power
- Solar Thermal
- Solar PV
The National Self Build and Renovation Centre is the UK?s only permanent exhibition centre for self build, renovation and home improvements.
Lydiard Fields, Great Western Way, Swindon, SN5 8UB
W: View website
E: email@example.com T: 0345 223 4455