In case you missed it see what’s in this section
What not to miss at The Clash 2019 on Saturday
If, like us, you are off to The Clash this weekend, firstly #comeonyouBath ! We cannot wait to gather with over 50,000 rugby fans from the West Country.
Twickenham has been a home fixture for their #theclash fixture for 3 years now making the Bristol Bears very much the away team! Those of you old enough to remember the glory days of the 90’s know that a trip to ‘Twickers’ has created so many fabulous memories across the years and whilst exact results fade (titles never do!) it’s the memories created that truly last.
With that in mind and with so much to love about a trip to Twickenham we thought we should share what’s on our must see and do list.
1. The Swift Half; the same Swift Half we know and love at The Rec goes on tour and is transported and rebuilt at England’s Home of Rugby. It’s the perfect place to meet friends and family and enjoy the West’s finest ales supplied by Bath Ales. There’s plenty of west country food on offer too so keep your eyes peeled for your favs.
2. Pre-match entertainments. We have been reliably informed that the on-pitch entertainment this year is a) amazing and b) not to be missed, so get comfy early and don’t miss a second
3. The Roar of the crowd. The Rec is special, but 50,000 (mainly) Bath fans all in one space is a goosebumping experience. Be ready for the appearance of the Blue Black & White Boys and raise the roof!
4. Half time – Women’s Rugby are in the spotlight and quite rightly so! Bath schools team take to this international staging for a showcase of their talents. Good luck girls.
5. The Wurzels. Even Bristol Bears rugby fans would have to agree that whatever way the result goes Saturday we can all unite in our love for those Somerset boys and enjoy their very unique musical offering post-match. And maybe drink up a cider or two.
A good day out is a good day out. The Clash has all the ingredients; drama, performance, family, friends, west country rivalry, fayre and cider. See you there. Come On You Bath! #bathrugby #daysout #familytime #blueblackandwhite #bathvsbristol #bristolbears #weareBath