What is changing on Freedom Day in Bath?
Freedom Day has arrived as Coronavirus restrictions all-but-end completely as the country enters unprecedented levels of freedom since the pandemic first began. But what does the lifting of social distancing restrictions mean for Bath?
From today, the following changes have been made in England:
- The legal requirement to wear masks has ended but the government recommends masks should still be worn when in crowded areas.
- Nightclubs are allowed to re-open fully for the first time since pre-covid.
- No limits on how many people can meet.
- 1m-plus guidance removed (except in some places such as hospitals and passport control.)
- Pubs and restaurants are no longer table-service only.
- No limits on guests at weddings/funerals.
- No limits on attendance at concerts/theatres/sports events.
- No restrictions on communal worship.
- Guidance removed against travel to amber countries with fully-vaccinated adults no longer required to isolate on return.
One of the biggest changes for Bath is the re-opening of nightclubs, with the city's nightlife once again ready to kick back into life as people make their way back to the dance floor!
Nightclubs around the city will fully open their doors for the first time having been closed since the start of the pandemic. Find out where Bath's best nightclubs and late-night bars are HERE.
Theatres will also be putting on full attendanced shows again with comedy club Komedia having shows lined up for the months ahead that you can find out more about and buy tickets for HERE.
Bath's restaurants, bars, and pubs will also see an increase in footfall to premises with tables no longer limited to six people and social distancing numbers scrapped in these settings allowing for more customers inside the premises.
The same applies to many of Bath's shops who will no longer restrict the number of customers allowed inside at any one time with mask-wearing no longer enforceable, however it is still recommended by health officials.
Bath's wedding venues will be back to business as usual with no restrictions applying to the numbers of guests allowed at ceremonies or receptions. Check out our guide to weddings in Bath HERE.