In case you missed it see what’s in this section
Your Total Guide To eating & drinking
Recipe: Earl Grey Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Icing
A brilliant recipe for a spot of Easter baking with the kids -Local foodie Sarah Still shares with us how to make her delicious Earl Grey Cupcakes!
- 8oz unsalted butter or margarine
- 16oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 plain flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 floz milk
- 7 Earl Grey tea bags (tear open and put the loose tea into a dish)
- Lemon Buttercream Icing
- 4 1/2oz unsalted butter
- 14oz icing sugar
- Juice of 1 whole fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix together the flour, tea, baking powder and beat in half of this dry mixture with the wet mixture.
- Add the milk and the rest of the dry mixture mixing together until just combined.
- Fill the cupcake cases until just over half full.
- Place in the centre of the oven ( I tend to use rather large cupcake cases so you get 12 - 15 really good sized cupcakes, you could use smaller and get a few more cakes out of the recipe.
- Bake until slightly golden and springy to touch, roughly 25 minutes. Make sure they are fully cool before frosting.
To make the buttercream frosting:
Cream the butter, then add the sugar and beat together, add the lemon juice and beat until smooth. Add a little milk if the mixture is too thick and continue to beat until smooth. Spread or pipe over the cooled cupcakes.
Weather in Bath