In case you missed it see what’s in this section
Recipe: Homemade Burgers
A barbecue just isn't complete without a proper homemade burger.
Makes: 5 burgers | Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 500g minced beef
- 1 free range egg , beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1oz chopped coriander
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Place the minced beef and beaten free range egg into a large mixing bowl and stir together until combined.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1oz chopped coriander, 1 onion, chopped and 1 tbsp Dijon mustard and then mix well.
- This is wear it gets messy! Use your hands to form the mixture into even sized balls, roughly the size of your fist and then flatten them into burgers. They’ll probably going to shrink during cooking so it’s probably best to make them a little more generous.
- Brush them with vegetable oil or cook them on a foil tray to avoid them sticking, place them on the barbecue for about 10-12 minutes and turn them frequently.
- Place in a bun, add some ketchup, lettuce and cheese! Then enjoy!