In case you missed it see what’s in this section
Your Total Guide To eating & drinking
Recipe: Smoky Baked Beans
A delicious American side dish, these delicious smoky beans with bacon are fab on top of a jacket potato, or on the side of a couple of grilled pork chops. Of course, this dish is also great on a slice of toast.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 rasher smoked back bacon, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 x (410g) tin Heinz Baked Beans
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Yoghurt and chopped chives to garnish
1. Fry the bacon and onion in the olive oil, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the baked beans, paprika, cumin, chilli powder, sugar and Worchester sauce, and cook for 3 minutes, uncovered.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with natural yoghurt and fresh chives - serve!
If you like this recipe, there are hundreds more at my blog “Chef Mel’s Kitchen” http://chef-mels-kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/